I have been feeling a little behind in things recently. Email, filing, reviewing articles, ironing–you name it. What to do about all this? Have an Email Catch-Up Day (ECUD)!
I am not just behind in replying to and filing emails, but they are a symbol of communication (and even contemporary life as well) itself, and thus I am calling today Email catch-up and not just Life catch-up. My recent work history and style reflects that if I am able to get my email addressed, and in the process achieve Inbox Zero, then most other personal organizational challenges somehow seem to be resolved.
What do I want to get addressed today?
- achieve Inbox Zero
- complete the conference reviews I owe
- catch-up on ironing
- file all the papers in my desk’s “pile”
- finish reviewing the readings and my lesson plans to finish my slides for Tuesday’s Online Course Creation class
- reply to all class Forum posts and adjustments in course dates
- upload the lingering photos to Flickr from ASTD and Central Park that are sitting on my desktop
- review Tweets
- read (or mark as read) all RSS feeds
- post a few open items to the new Reflective Practice Community that we are developing
- update the list of A Very New York Christmas book and ornament signings Michael Storrings is doing this Fall
Phewwww, gotta go!
Technorati Tags: email catch-up day,ecud,inbox zero,online course creation