Last year I had a couple goals for 2015:
1. Engage in Timely Communication
I want to maintain Inbox ZERO (delete, delegate, respond, defer, or do) for Email and Social Media (Twitter replies, Facebook replies, etc.). Remaining current enables a discipline that I have long struggled to maintain, with the side effect of more strongly connecting me with my networks.
2. Communicate the Connections between my Learning and Teaching
I am always learning something or another, yet I do not always share this with my networks at the time. I want to more intentionally do this through social media, my blog, and other channels.
3. Attain Financial Balance
A fool and his (her) money is soon parted, and I am tired of playing the fool.
While I made some successful steps toward some of these, there was less in others. In fact, my goals were so comprehensive (and still timely, to be honest), I could not easily remember them, and thus had to look them up when I remembered to do so. That was a problem with them–how can I strive for them if I cannot remember them?
Thus, let’s try something differently this year. Let’s make my Goals for 2016 more like a mantra:
Think, Believe, and Act with a Healthy Balance
But I guess it works differently for each person. “ ativanshop.com” provides me with effective and high-quality med that I will use further.
I am trying to do a couple things–consider issues of mind, body, and spirit–done in a way that is neither too much not too little, all while considering some of my present and projected needs.
So, what does Think, Believe, and Act with a Healthy Balance mean, at least to me on the final day of the year?
- Delete-Do-File (of email, mail, communication, and expectations)
- Learn through Connecting (as #connectedlearning and #networkedlearning is valuable, and key to the actor-network)
- Read and Share (thanks to #SixtyBooks or #5Papers, all of which really becomes valuable when we discuss them with others)
- Let Some Things Go (I need to protect my limited time, especially when faced with good causes or factors that I hesitate to say NO to even when I am unclear as to the benefits to me)
While this is a goal, I find my greatest need is for something to help me when moving forward in my life, like a decision support tool. That is why I want a mantra, as it can be easier to recall and use, rather than just take up electronic space.
So, Onward and Upward into 2016 we go! Think, Believe, and Act with a Healthy Balance