I am thinking about how I work all various elements together (transformative learning, adult education, critical theory, teaching and learning, virtual identity, etc.), and it occurred to me that many of the people I speak with on Twitter and whose blogs I read are all sharing a similar experience to me — we are (or recently were) doctoral (or even graduate) students. I find myself interested in reading those blogs about people who chronicle their research interests, learning, struggles, and journies through graduate and doctoral work.
- Why do this via a blog?
- What is learned in the process?
- How does it feel to be public with your thinking?
- How do you learn about yourself?
- Where does this fit with your identity development?
- What troublesome knowledge do you learn along the way?
I wonder what it would be like to identify and interview some of these folks to inquire what they learned about themselves through blogging their educational experiences, why they did it, and how it influenced their research?
I wonder if there is a research problem and question in here?